The Resource What was the underground railroad?
- What was the underground railroad?
- Statement of responsibility
- by Yona Zeldis McDonough ; illustrated by Lauren Mortimer
- trueFugitive slaves
- trueFugitive slaves -- United States
- Fugitive slaves -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile literature
- trueHistory books -- African Americans | Slavery | Abolitionist movements and the Underground Railroad
- trueSlave resistance and revolts -- United States
- trueUnderground Railroad
- Underground Railroad -- Juvenile literature
- trueAntislavery movements
- Antislavery movements -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile literature
- "No one knows where the term Underground Railroad came from--there were no trains or tracks, only "conductors" who helped escaping slaves to freedom. Including real stories about "passengers" on the "Railroad," this book chronicles slaves' close calls with bounty hunters, exhausting struggles on the road, and what they sacrificed for freedom. With 80 black-and-white illustrations throughout and a sixteen-page black-and-white photo insert, the Underground Railroad comes alive!"--
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .M47 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- What was ...?
- Target audience
ContextContext of What was the underground railroad?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work What was the underground railroad?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/zBtm5MrRN7U/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/zBtm5MrRN7U/">What was the underground railroad?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>