The Resource Harvest : A Novel.
- Harvest : A Novel.
- Title remainder
- A Novel.
- Statement of responsibility
- Jim Crace
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueMalicious accusation
- Electronic books
- trueCriminal investigation
- trueEngland -- History -- Medieval period, 1066-1485
- truePsychological fiction
- trueVillages -- England
- trueHysteria (Social psychology)
- trueMedieval period (476-1492) -- 476 -- 1492
- Historical Fiction
- SHORT-LISTED FOR THE MAN BOOKER PRIZEA Christian Science Monitor Best Book of the Year On the morning after harvest, the inhabitants of a remote English village awaken looking forward to a hard-earned day of rest and feasting at their landowner's table. But the sky is marred by two conspicuous columns of smoke, replacing pleasurable anticipation with alarm and suspicion.One smoke column is the result of an overnight fire that has damaged the master's outbuildings. The second column rises from the wooded edge of the village, sent up by newcomers to announce their presence. In the minds of the wary villagers a mere coincidence of events appears to be unlikely, with violent confrontation looming as the unavoidable outcome. Meanwhile, another newcomer has recently been spotted taking careful notes and making drawings of the land. It is his presence more than any other that will threaten the village's entire way of life.In effortless and tender..
- International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award, 2015.
- James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction, 2013.
- Library Journal Best Books 2013
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Harvest : A Novel.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Harvest : A Novel.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/rNbd3Ueap2U/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/rNbd3Ueap2U/">Harvest : A Novel.</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>