The Resource When you reach me
- When you reach me
- Statement of responsibility
- Rebecca Stead
- Young Adult Fiction
- Electronic books
- trueScience fiction
- trueNew York City -- History -- 1951-
- trueSpace and time
- trueLatchkey children
- truePreteen girls
- trueChildren of single parents
- true1970s -- 1970 -- 1979
- trueTelevision game shows
- trueTwelve-year-old girls
- trueFirst person narratives
- Historical Fiction
- Winner of the 2010 John Newbery MedalFour mysterious letters change Miranda's world forever.By sixth grade, Miranda and her best friend, Sal, know how to navigate their New York City neighborhood. They know where it's safe to go, like the local grocery store, and they know whom to avoid, like the crazy guy on the corner.But things start to unravel. Sal gets punched by a new kid for what seems like no reason, and he shuts Miranda out of his life. The apartment key that Miranda's mom keeps hidden for emergencies is stolen. And then Miranda finds a mysterious note scrawled on a tiny slip of paper: I am coming to save your friend's life, and my own. I must ask two favors. First, you must write me a letter.The notes keep coming, and Miranda slowly realizes that whoever is leaving them knows all about her, including things that have not even happened yet. Each message brings her closer to believing that only she can..
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2010
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2009
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2010.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Middle Reader, 2010.
- International Reading Association Children's Book Award for Young Adult Fiction, 2010.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2012.
- Newbery Medal, 2010.
- School Library Journal Best Books: 2009
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2010
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2009.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of When you reach me
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work When you reach me
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/p2DGhYQzJ6I/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/p2DGhYQzJ6I/">When you reach me</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>