The Resource What was the Great Depression?
- What was the Great Depression?
- Statement of responsibility
- by Janet B. Pascal ; illustrated by Dede Putra
- trueUnited States -- History -- 1933-1945
- trueNew Deal (1933-1939)
- 1919 - 1945
- trueHistory books -- United States -- Great Depression
- Depressions -- 1929 -- United States -- Juvenile literature
- trueUnited States -- Economic conditions -- 1929-1939
- trueStock market crash, October 1929
- United States -- History -- 1919-1933 -- Juvenile literature
- United States
- trueDepressions -- 1929-1941
- Juvenile works
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945 -- Juvenile literature
- trueNew Deal, 1933-1939
- "On October 29, 1929, life in the United States took a turn for the worst. The stock market the system that controls money in America plunged to a record low. But this event was only the beginning of many bad years to come. By the early 1930s, one out of three people was not working. People lost their jobs, their houses, or both and ended up in shantytowns called Hoovervilles named for the president at the time of the crash. By 1933, many banks had gone under. Though the U.S. has seen other times of struggle, the Great Depression remains one of the hardest and most widespread tragedies in American history. Now it is represented clearly and with 80 illustrations in our What Was ? series."--Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .P3557 2015
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- What was...?
- Target audience
ContextContext of What was the Great Depression?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work What was the Great Depression?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/mWVv398vemc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/mWVv398vemc/">What was the Great Depression?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>