The Resource Bud, not buddy
- Bud, not buddy
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher Paul Curtis
- true1930s -- 1930 -- 1939
- African American Fiction
- trueAfrican American boys
- trueAfrican American fathers and sons
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueAfrican American foster children
- trueAfrican American mother and son
- trueDepression era (1929-1941) -- 1929 -- 1941
- trueDepressions -- 1929-1941
- Electronic books
- trueFlint, Michigan
- Historical Fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- Juvenile Fiction
- trueMother-separated boys
- trueRunaway children
- trueTen-year-old boys -- Michigan
- trueVoyages and travels
- The Newbery Medal and Coretta Scott King Award-winning classic about a boy who decides to hit the road to find his father—from Christopher Paul Curtis, author of The Watsons Go To Birmingham—1963, a Newbery and Coretta Scott King Honoree. It's 1936, in Flint Michigan. Times may be hard, and ten-year-old Bud may be a motherless boy on the run, but Bud's got a few things going for him:1. He has his own suitcase full of special things.2. He's the author of Bud Caldwell's Rules and Things for Having a Funner Life and Making a Better Liar Out of Yourself.3. His momma never told him who his father was, but she left a clue: flyers advertising Herman E. Calloway and his famous band, the Dusky Devastators of the Depression!!!!!! Bud's got an idea that those flyers will lead him to his father. Once he decides to hit the road to find this mystery man, nothing can stop him—not hunger, not fear, not vampires, not even Herman..
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2000.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2002.
- International Reading Association Children's Book Award for Older Readers, 2000.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2003.
- Mitten Award (Michigan), 1999.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2002.
- Newbery Medal, 2000.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 1999
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2001.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2002.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 1999.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Sixth-Eighth Grade, 2002.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2000
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 2002.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Bud, not buddy
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Bud, not buddy
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/jHRIFR3dEzw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/jHRIFR3dEzw/">Bud, not buddy</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>