The Resource Who was J. R. R. Tolkien?
- Who was J. R. R. Tolkien?
- Statement of responsibility
- by Pam Pollack and Meg Belviso ; illustrated by Jonathan Moore ; cover illustration by Nancy Harrison
- trueBiographies -- Arts | Writing | Authors and illustrators
- trueFantasy fiction authors
- trueTolkien, J. R. R., (John Ronald Reuel), 1892-1973
- Tolkien, J. R. R., (John Ronald Reuel), 1892-1973 -- Juvenile literature
- trueAuthors, English -- 20th century -- Biography
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- Best known for his epic Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien was born in British-occupied South Africa. His early life was full of action and adventure. Tolkien spent his childhood roaming the British countryside with his family and could read and write by age four. He was naturally gifted with languages and used this skill as a signals officers in World War II as well as in his fantasy writing. By creating alternate universes and inventing languages in his work he demonstrated that imaginary realms were not just for children. Fondly remembered as the "Father of High Fantasy," Tolkien's books have inspired blockbuster movies and legions of fans
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- 828.91209 T649Zpo 2015
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Who was-- ?
- Target audience
ContextContext of Who was J. R. R. Tolkien?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Who was J. R. R. Tolkien?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/hbdYHFS1Npo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/hbdYHFS1Npo/">Who was J. R. R. Tolkien?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>