The Resource The one and only ivan : My Story.
- The one and only ivan : My Story.
- Title remainder
- My Story.
- Statement of responsibility
- Katherine Applegate
- Winner of the 2013 Newbery Medal and a #1 New York Times bestseller, this stirring and unforgettable novel from renowned author Katherine Applegate celebrates the transformative power of unexpected friendships. Inspired by the true story of a captive gorilla known as Ivan, this illustrated novel is told from the point-of-view of Ivan himself. Having spent 27 years behind the glass walls of his enclosure in a shopping mall, Ivan has grown accustomed to humans watching him. He hardly ever thinks about his life in the jungle. Instead, Ivan occupies himself with television, his friends Stella and Bob, and painting. But when he meets Ruby, a baby elephant taken from the wild, he is forced to see their home, and his art, through new eyes.The One and Only Ivan was hailed as a best book of the year by Kirkus, School Library Journal, and Amazon, demonstrating it is a true classic in the making. In the tradition of timeless stories like..
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2013
- Bluestem Award: Illinois' Grades 3-5 Readers' Choice Award, 2015.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Intermediate Books, 2013.
- Garden State Children's Book Award (New Jersey), Children's Fiction, 2015.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 4-5, 2013.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2016.
- Newbery Medal, 2013.
- North Carolina Children's Book Award, Junior Books category, 2016.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Intermediate category, 2016.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 3-6, 2014.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Children’s Books, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2012.
- Surrey Schools' Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 2014.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Elementary School, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The one and only ivan : My Story.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The one and only ivan : My Story.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/eHBt31DheDw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/eHBt31DheDw/">The one and only ivan : My Story.</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>