The Resource My not so perfect life : A Novel.
- My not so perfect life : A Novel.
- Title remainder
- A Novel.
- Statement of responsibility
- Sophie Kinsella
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLERPart love story, part workplace drama, this sharply observed novel is a witty critique of the false judgments we make in a social-media-obsessed world. New York Times bestselling author Sophie Kinsella has written her most timely novel yet. Everywhere Katie Brenner looks, someone else is living the life she longs for, particularly her boss, Demeter Farlowe. Demeter is brilliant and creative, lives with her perfect family in a posh townhouse, and wears the coolest clothes. Katie's life, meanwhile, is a daily struggle—from her dismal rental to her oddball flatmates to the tense office politics she's trying to negotiate. No wonder Katie takes refuge in not-quite-true Instagram posts, especially as she's desperate to make her dad proud. Then, just as she's finding her feet—not to mention a possible new romance—the worst happens. Demeter fires Katie. Shattered but determined to stay positive, Katie retreats to her family's farm in Somerset to help them set up a vacation business. London has never seemed so far away—until Demeter unexpectedly turns up as a guest. Secrets are spilled and relationships rejiggered, and as the stakes for Katie's future get higher, she must question her own assumptions about what makes for a truly meaningful life. Sophie Kinsella is celebrated for her vibrant, relatable characters and her great storytelling gifts. Now she returns with all of the wit, warmth, and wisdom that are the hallmarks of her bestsellers to spin this fresh, modern story about presenting the perfect life when the reality is far from the truth.Praise for My Not So Perfect Life"A sparkling, witty novel about social media and the stories we tell ourselves."—People (Book of the Week) "And something else separates this comic novel from the usual fare . . . the soul of this book concerns female friendship and its dynamics . . . a touch of real wisdom in its slapstick hand that will satisfy Kinsella die-hards as well as new readers."—The Washington Post "With both warmhearted and laugh-out-loud moments, Sophie Kinsella's My Not So Perfect Life was a joy to read. . . . Katie is relatable, bright and quirky—you'll find yourself cheering for her from the start, even as she learns that a perfect life isn't always what it seems, or what it's cracked up to be. Themes of friendship, love and living your true life rise to the top in this must-read stand-alone romantic comedy."—USA Today"[There are ] many laugh-out-loud hilarious moments in this feel-good novel about social media and personal branding, and the hectic realities behind our perfect online lives."—Bustle "Pure escapist fun."—PopSugar"Sophie Kinsella keeps her finger on the cultural pulse, while leaving me giddy with laughter. I loved it."—Jojo Moyes"Katie is a winning heroine. . . . Kinsella creates characters that are well-rounded, quirky, and a complete joy to read."—Kirkus Reviews (starred review)"Driven by Katie's witty observations and numerous missteps as she attempts to reconcile various aspects of her identity, this novel is smartly satirical and entertaining."—Publishers Weekly "Another outstanding novel . . . a perfect combination of fun, laughable moments rounded out with some deep-seated family and relationship issues."—Booklist
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2017
- Loan Stars Favourites, 2017
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of My not so perfect life : A Novel.
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work My not so perfect life : A Novel.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/d-dQIVXu5bo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/d-dQIVXu5bo/">My not so perfect life : A Novel.</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>