The Resource Out of my mind
- Out of my mind
- Statement of responsibility
- Sharon M Draper
- Juvenile Literature
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueCerebral palsy
- Electronic books
- Juvenile Fiction
- trueInterpersonal relations
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueGirls with disabilities
- trueEleven-year-old girls
- truePeople with disabilities
- truePhotographic memory
- Eleven-year-old Melody has a photographic memory. Her head is like a video camera that is always recording. Always. And there's no delete button. She's the smartest kid in her whole school--but no one knows it. Most people--her teachers and doctors included--don't think she's capable of learning, and up until recently her school days consisted of listening to the same preschool-level alphabet lessons again and again and again. If only she could speak up, if only she could tell people what she thinks and knows . . . but she can't, because Melody can't talk. She can't walk. She can't write. Being stuck inside her head is making Melody go out of her mind--that is, until she discovers something that will allow her to speak for the first time ever. At last Melody has a voice . . . but not everyone around her is ready to hear it.From multiple Coretta Scott King Award winner Sharon M. Draper comes a story full of heartache and hope. Get ready to meet a girl whose voice you'll never, ever..
- Beehive Children's Fiction Book Award (Utah), 2012.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2012.
- Bluestem Award: Illinois' Grades 3-5 Readers' Choice Award, 2013.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 6-8, 2011.
- California Young Reader Medal, Middle School, 2013.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 2013.
- Josette Frank Award, 2011.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Young Adult category, 2013.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2013.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2014.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2014.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Intermediate category, 2014.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2013.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2013.
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida), 2012.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2012.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2013.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Out of my mind
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Out of my mind
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/cYe-bfRq2AE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/cYe-bfRq2AE/">Out of my mind</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>