The Resource Wonder
- Statement of responsibility
- R. J Palacio
- Juvenile Literature
- trueRealistic fiction
- Electronic books
- Juvenile Fiction
- trueMiddle schools
- trueMiddle school students
- trueTen-year-old boys
- trueBoys with disfigurements
- trueSelf-acceptance in boys
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueMultiple perspectives
- trueBooks to movies
- trueBirth defects
- trueKindness in children
- I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse. August Pullman was born with a facial deformity that, up until now, has prevented him from going to a mainstream school. Starting 5th grade at Beecher Prep, he wants nothing more than to be treated as an ordinary kid--but his new classmates can't get past Auggie's extraordinary face. WONDER, now a New York Times bestseller, begins from Auggie's point of view, but soon switches to include his classmates, his sister, her boyfriend, and others. These perspectives converge in a portrait of one community's struggle with empathy, compassion, and acceptance. In a world where bullying among young people is an epidemic, this is a refreshing new narrative full of heart and hope. R.J. Palacio has called her debut novel "a meditation on kindness" --indeed, every reader will come away with a greater appreciation for the simple courage of friendship. Auggie is a..
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2013
- Beehive Children's Fiction Book Award (Utah), 2014.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2014.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2012
- Bluestem Award: Illinois' Grades 3-5 Readers' Choice Award, 2014.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 3-5, 2013.
- California Young Reader Medal, Intermediate, 2015.
- Charlotte Award (New York), Middle School, 2014.
- Colorado Children's Book Award, Junior Book, 2014.
- E.B. White Read-Aloud Awards, Middle Reader (formerly Indies' Choice Book Awards, Middle Reader), 2013.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 2014.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 2014.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Intermediate, 2015.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades 4-6, 2014.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Intermediate Book Category, 2015.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2013.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 2013
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2014.
- Josette Frank Award, 2013.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 3-5, 2014.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Children's category, 2014.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2014.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2015.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2015.
- North Carolina Children's Book Award, Junior Books category, 2014.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2014.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2014.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2012.
- South Carolina Book Award, Children’s Books, 2014.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2014.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Younger Readers, 2013.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2015.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 2015.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Target audience
ContextContext of Wonder
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Wonder
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/bVz7L-mC3eI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/bVz7L-mC3eI/">Wonder</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>