The Resource Burial rites : A Novel.
- Burial rites : A Novel.
- Title remainder
- A Novel.
- Statement of responsibility
- Hannah Kent
- trueRural families -- Iceland
- trueFarm life
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueMalicious accusation
- trueBiographical fiction
- Electronic books
- trueMagnusdottir, Agnes
- trueAustralian fiction
- true1820s -- 1820 -- 1829
- trueIceland -- History -- 19th century
- trueAttitude change
- trueWomen murderers
- trueCapital punishment
- A brilliant literary debut, inspired by a true story: the final days of a young woman accused of murder in Iceland in 1829. Set against Iceland's stark landscape, Hannah Kent brings to vivid life the story of Agnes, who, charged with the brutal murder of her former master, is sent to an isolated farm to await execution.Horried at the prospect of housing a convicted murderer, the family at first avoids Agnes. Only Tóti, a priest Agnes has mysteriously chosen to be her spiritual guardian, seeks to understand her. But as Agnes's death looms, the farmer's wife and their daughters learn there is another side to the sensational story they've heard.Riveting and rich with lyricism, BURIAL RITES evokes a dramatic existence in a distant time and place, and asks the question, how can one woman hope to endure when her life depends upon the stories told by others?
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Literary Fiction Book of the Year, 2014.
- Davitt Awards, Debut Crime, 2014.
- Davitt Awards, Readers' Choice, 2014.
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2013
- Nielsen BookData Australian Booksellers’ Choice Award, 2014.
- Victorian Premier's Literary Awards, People's Choice Award, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Burial rites : A Novel.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Burial rites : A Novel.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/b-QTAR0iwRk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/b-QTAR0iwRk/">Burial rites : A Novel.</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>