The Resource The lovely bones
- The lovely bones
- Statement of responsibility
- Alice Sebold
- trueRape victims
- truePsychological fiction
- trueMurder victims
- trueLoss (Psychology)
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueLife after death
- trueFamilies of murder victims
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueBooks to movies
- Electronic books
- trueCrimes against teenage girls
- trueTeenage girl murder victims
- Once in a generation a novel comes along that taps a vein of universal human experience, resonating with readers of all ages. The Lovely Bones is such a book - a phenomenal #1 bestseller celebrated at once for its narrative artistry, its luminous clarity of emotion, and its astoniishing power to lay claim to the hearts of millions of readers around the world."My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name, Susie. I was fourteen when I was murdered on December 6, 1973."So begins the story of Susie Salmon, who is adjusting to her new home in heaven, a place that is not at all what she expected, even as she is watching life on eath continue without her - her friends trading rumors about her disappearance, her killer trying to cover his tracks, her grief-stricken family unraveling.Out of unspeakable traged and loss, The Lovely Bones succeeds, miraculously, in building a tale filled with hope, humor, suspense, even joy"A stunning achievement."..
- Bram Stoker Award for Best First Novel, 2002.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2002.
- Book Sense Book of the Year Adult Fiction, 2003.
- British Book Award for the Richard & Judy Best Read of the Year, 2004.
- Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie Award), 2005.
- Gateway Readers Award (Missouri), 2005.
- Iowa High School Book Award, 2005.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2004.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2002
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2002.
- South Carolina Book Award, Young Adult Books, 2005.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2003
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The lovely bones
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The lovely bones
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/ZIIrPGCDkTg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/ZIIrPGCDkTg/">The lovely bones</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>