The Resource Life of pi
- Life of pi
- Statement of responsibility
- Yann Martel
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueTeenage boys
- Electronic books
- trueSurvival stories
- trueOcean travel
- truePacific Ocean
- trueCanadian fiction
- trueHuman/animal relationships
- trueZoo animals
- truePsychological fiction
- trueSurvival (after airplane accidents, shipwrecks, etc.)
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueBooks to movies
- "Will the tiger be menacing; will the ocean be threatening; will the island be something out of Frankenstein or will it be an Eden?"—Yann Martel Life of Pi, first published in 2002, became an international bestseller and remains one of the most extraordinary and popular works of contemporary fiction. In 2005 an international competition was held to find the perfect artist to illustrate Yann Martel's Man Booker Prize–winning novel. From thousands of entrants, Croatian artist Tomislav Torjanac was chosen. This lavishly produced edition features forty of Torjanac's beautiful four-color illustrations, bringing Life of Pi to splendid, eye-popping life. Tomislav Torjanac says of his illustrations: "My vision of the illustrated edition of Life of Pi is based on paintings from a first person's perspective—Pi's perspective. The interpretation of what Pi sees is intermeshed with what he feels and it is shown..
- Asian Pacific American Award for Literature: Adult Fiction, 2004.
- Booker Prize, 2002.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2002.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2002
- Quebec Writers' Federation Literary Awards, Hugh MacLennan Prize for Fiction, 2001.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Life of pi
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Life of pi
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/VwQWrTYlFCE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/VwQWrTYlFCE/">Life of pi</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>