The Resource Another brooklyn : A Novel.
- Another brooklyn : A Novel.
- Title remainder
- A Novel.
- Statement of responsibility
- Jacqueline Woodson
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueSexual violence
- Electronic books
- trueNew York City
- trueBrooklyn, New York City
- trueFamily relationships
- trueAfrican American families
- trueAfrican American fiction
- trueRace relations
- trueAfrican American girls
- trueLoss (Psychology)
- trueAfrican Americans -- Identity
- trueGrowing up
- trueAdult books for young adults
- true1970s -- 1970 -- 1979
- trueComing-of-age stories
- trueCity life
- trueIdentity (Psychology)
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueFemale friendship, Fiction
- trueViolence in men
- The acclaimed New York Times bestselling and National Book Award–winning author of Brown Girl Dreaming delivers her first adult novel in twenty years.Running into a long-ago friend sets memory from the 1970s in motion for August, transporting her to a time and a place where friendship was everything—until it wasn't. For August and her girls, sharing confidences as they ambled through neighborhood streets, Brooklyn was a place where they believed that they were beautiful, talented, brilliant—a part of a future that belonged to them.But beneath the hopeful veneer, there was another Brooklyn, a dangerous place where grown men reached for innocent girls in dark hallways, where ghosts haunted the night, where mothers disappeared. A world where madness was just a sunset away and fathersfound hope in religion. Like Louise Meriwether's Daddy Was a Number Runner and Dorothy Allison's Bastard Out of Carolina, Jacqueline Woodson's Another Brooklyn heartbreakingly illuminates the formative time when childhood gives way to adulthood—the promise and peril of growing up—and exquisitely renders a powerful, indelible, and fleeting friendship that united four young lives
- BCALA Literary Award for Fiction, 2017.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2016.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2016
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2016
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Another brooklyn : A Novel.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Another brooklyn : A Novel.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/VGBR0jyGlko/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/VGBR0jyGlko/">Another brooklyn : A Novel.</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>