The Resource There there
- There there
- Statement of responsibility
- Tommy Orange
- Political fiction
- trueOakland, California
- trueCity life
- Collective memory -- Fiction
- trueCulture conflict
- Documentary films -- Production and direction -- Fiction
- Dysfunctional families -- Fiction
- trueFamily reunions
- Group identity -- Fiction
- Identity (Philosophical concept) -- Fiction
- trueIndians of North America
- Indians of North America -- California | Oakland -- Fiction
- Indians of North America -- Ethnic identity -- Fiction
- Indians of North America -- Fiction
- trueIndians of North America -- Urban residence
- trueIndigenous families
- trueIndigenous peoples of North America
- trueIndigenous peoples of North America -- Urban residence
- trueInterpersonal relations
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- Mass shootings -- Fiction
- trueMultiracial persons
- Oakland (Calif.) -- Fiction
- trueNative American families
- Recovering alcoholics -- Fiction
- Powwows -- Fiction
- Twelve Native Americans came to the Big Oakland Powwow for different reasons. Jacquie Red Feather is newly sober and trying to make it back to the family she left behind in shame. Dene Oxendene is pulling his life together after his uncle's death and has come to work the powwow and to honor his uncle's memory. Edwin Frank has come to find his true father. Bobby Big Medicine has come to drum the Grand Entry. Opal Viola Victoria Bear Shield has come to watch her nephew Orvil Red Feather. Orvil has taught himself Indian dance through YouTube videos, and he has come to the powwow to dance in public for the very first time. Tony Loneman is a young Native American boy whose future seems destined to be as bleak as his past, and he has come to the Powwow with darker intentions -- intentions that will destroy the lives of everyone in his path
- National Book Critics Circle Award: John Leonard Prize, 2018.
- ALA Notable Book, 2019.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2018.
- Hemingway Foundation/PEN Award, 2019.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Debut, 2019.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2018.
- Loan Stars Favourites, 2018.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2018
- Society of American Historians Prize for Historical Fiction (formerly the James Fenimore Cooper Prize), 2019.
- Awards note
- A Junior Library Guild selection (JLG.)
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- T48 2018
- Literary form
ContextContext of There there
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work There there
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/URphEX2rYUE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/URphEX2rYUE/">There there</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>