The Resource The absolutely true diary of a part-time indian
- The absolutely true diary of a part-time indian
- Statement of responsibility
- Sherman Alexie
- trueIndian reservations
- trueEmotions in teenagers
- trueRealistic fiction
- Young Adult Fiction
- Electronic books
- trueTeenage cartoonists
- trueRace relations
- trueWashington (State)
- trueIllustrated books
- truePacific Northwest fiction
- trueSpokane Indians
- Young Adult Literature
- trueNative American teenage boys
- trueComing-of-age stories
- trueHigh schools
- trueIdentity (Psychology)
- trueDiary novels
- Bestselling author Sherman Alexie tells the story of Junior, a budding cartoonist growing up on the Spokane Indian Reservation. Determined to take his future into his own hands, Junior leaves his troubled school on the rez to attend an all-white farm town high school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.Heartbreaking, funny, and beautifully written, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, which is based on the author's own experiences, coupled with poignant drawings by Ellen Forney that reflect the character's art, chronicles the contemporary adolescence of one Native American boy as he attempts to break away from the life he was destined to live.With a forward by Markus Zusak, interviews with Sherman Alexie and Ellen Forney, and four-color interior art throughout, this edition is perfect for fans and collectors alike
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2008.
- California Young Reader Medal, Young Adult, 2010.
- Delaware Diamonds (book award), High School, 2009.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 9-12, 2009.
- National Book Award for Young People's Literature, 2007.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 2007
- School Library Journal Best Books: 2007
- YALSA Outstanding Books for the College Bound - History and Cultures: 2009
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2010
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2008
- YALSA Outstanding Book for the College Bound, 2009.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2007.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The absolutely true diary of a part-time indian
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The absolutely true diary of a part-time indian
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/ThRIJAU-NYM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/ThRIJAU-NYM/">The absolutely true diary of a part-time indian</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>