The Resource The poet X : a novel
- The poet X : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- by Elizabeth Acevedo
- trueNovels in verse
- Adolescence -- Juvenile fiction
- High school students -- Fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Juvenile fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Poets -- Juvenile fiction
- Teenage girls -- Juvenile fiction
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction
- Dominican Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Teenage girls -- Fiction
- Poetry slams -- Fiction
- Dominican Americans -- Fiction
- Self-esteem -- Fiction
- trueTeenage poets
- Schools -- Fiction
- trueComing-of-age stories
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Poets -- Fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- trueHarlem, New York City
- High school students -- Juvenile fiction
- Poetry slams -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- Novels in verse
- Adolescence -- Fiction
- Self-esteem -- Juvenile fiction
- "Xiomara Batista feels unheard and unable to hide in her Harlem neighborhood. Ever since her body grew into curves, Xiomara Batista has learned to let her fists and her fierceness do the talking. She pours all her frustration and passion onto the pages of a leather notebook, reciting the words to herself like prayers--especially after she catches feelings for a boy in her bio class named Aman, who her family can never know about. Mami is determined to force her daughter to obey the laws of the church, and Xiomara understands that her thoughts are best kept to herself. When she is invited to join her school's slam poetry club, she can't stop thinking about performing her poems"--Dust jacket
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2019
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2019.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2018.
- Carnegie Medal, 2019.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2019.
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature, 2018.
- Michael L. Printz Award, 2019.
- National Book Award for Young People's Literature, 2018.
- Pura Belpre Award for Narrative, 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2019.
- Awards note
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Fiction and Poetry Award, 2018
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Po 2018
- P64 2018
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Target audience
ContextContext of The poet X : a novel
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The poet X : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/OVwW9R3tDZQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/OVwW9R3tDZQ/">The poet X : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>