The Resource The poet X : a novel
- The poet X : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- by Elizabeth Acevedo
- trueHarlem, New York City
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Juvenile fiction
- High school students -- Fiction
- High school students -- Juvenile fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- Interpersonal relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Novels in verse
- Novels in verse
- Poetry slams -- Fiction
- Poetry slams -- Juvenile fiction
- Poets -- Fiction
- Poets -- Juvenile fiction
- Schools -- Fiction
- Schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Self-esteem -- Fiction
- Self-esteem -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- Teenage girls -- Fiction
- Teenage girls -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTeenage poets
- Adolescence -- Fiction
- Adolescence -- Juvenile fiction
- Dominican Americans -- Fiction
- Dominican Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- "Xiomara Batista feels unheard and unable to hide in her Harlem neighborhood. Ever since her body grew into curves, Xiomara Batista has learned to let her fists and her fierceness do the talking. She pours all her frustration and passion onto the pages of a leather notebook, reciting the words to herself like prayers--especially after she catches feelings for a boy in her bio class named Aman, who her family can never know about. Mami is determined to force her daughter to obey the laws of the church, and Xiomara understands that her thoughts are best kept to herself. When she is invited to join her school's slam poetry club, she can't stop thinking about performing her poems"--Dust jacket
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2019
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2019.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2018.
- Carnegie Medal, 2019.
- Green Mountain Book Award (Vermont), 2020.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2019.
- James Cook Book Award (Ohio), 2019.
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature, 2018.
- Michael L. Printz Award, 2019.
- National Book Award for Young People's Literature, 2018.
- Pura Belpre Award for Narrative, 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- Walter Award, Teen, 2019.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2019.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2019.
- Awards note
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Fiction and Poetry Award, 2018
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Po 2018
- P64 2018
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Target audience
ContextContext of The poet X : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The poet X : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/OVwW9R3tDZQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/OVwW9R3tDZQ/">The poet X : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>