The Resource The graveyard book
- The graveyard book
- Statement of responsibility
- Neil Gaiman
- Neil Gaiman's perennial favorite, The Graveyard Book, has sold more than one million copies and is the only novel to win both the Newbery Medal and the Carnegie Medal. Bod is an unusual boy who inhabits an unusual place—he's the only living resident of a graveyard. Raised from infancy by the ghosts, werewolves, and other cemetery denizens, Bod has learned the antiquated customs of his guardians' time as well as their ghostly teachings—such as the ability to Fade so mere mortals cannot see him.Can a boy raised by ghosts face the wonders and terrors of the worlds of both the living and the dead? The Graveyard Book is the winner of the Newbery Medal, the Carnegie Medal, the Hugo Award for best novel, the Locus Award for Young Adult novel, the American Bookseller Association's "Best Indie Young Adult Buzz Book," a Horn Book Honor, and Audio Book of the Year
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2009
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2008
- Carnegie Medal, 2010.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 6-8), 2011.
- Hugo Award for Best Novel, 2009.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Best Indie Young Adult Buzz Book, 2009.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 6-8, 2010.
- Locus Young Adult Book Award, 2009.
- Newbery Medal, 2009.
- USBBY Outstanding International Book, 2009.
- Wisconsin Library Association Children's Book Awards: Elizabeth Burr/Worzalla Award, 2009.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2009
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The graveyard book
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The graveyard book
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/N_bIchZYF44/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/N_bIchZYF44/">The graveyard book</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>