The Resource Spinning silver
- Spinning silver
- Statement of responsibility
- Naomi Novik
- trueBoasts and praises
- trueFantasy fiction
- truePride and vanity
- trueMoney lenders
- trueFantasy fiction
- Fairy tales
- trueAdaptations, retellings, and spin-offs
- Fantasy fiction
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueFairy tales -- Adaptations
- Female friendship -- Fiction
- Magic -- Fiction
- trueRumpelstiltskin (Folk tale) -- Adaptations
- Quests (Expeditions) -- Fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- Moneylenders -- Fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- Fairies -- Fiction
- trueJewish women
- Miryem is the daughter and granddaughter of moneylenders, but her father's inability to collect his debts has left his family on the edge of poverty -- until Miryem takes matters into her own hands. Hardening her heart, the young woman sets out to claim what is owed and soon gains a reputation for being able to turn silver into gold. When an ill-advised boast draws the attention of the king of the Staryk -- grim fey creatures who seem more ice than flesh -- Miryem's fate, and that of two kingdoms, will be forever altered. Set an impossible challenge by the nameless king, Miryem unwittingly spins a web that draws in a peasant girl, Wanda, and the unhappy daughter of a local lord who plots to wed his child to the dashing young tsar. But Tsar Mirnatius is not what he seems. And the secret he hides threatens to consume the lands of humans and Staryk alike. Torn between deadly choices, Miryem and her two unlikely allies embark on a desperate quest that will take them to the limits of sacrifice, power, and love
- Alex Award, 2019.
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2019.
- Librarians' Choice (Australia), 2018.
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2018.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2018.
- Locus Award for Fantasy Novel, 2019.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2018
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- S65 2018
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Spinning silver
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Spinning silver
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/NJF-_nR4Va8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/NJF-_nR4Va8/">Spinning silver</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>