The Resource Marie Antoinette : "Madame Deficit"
- Marie Antoinette : "Madame Deficit"
- Title remainder
- "Madame Deficit"
- Statement of responsibility
- by Liz Hockinson ; illustrated by Peter Malone
- trueFrance -- History -- Louis XVI, 1774-1793
- France -- History -- Louis XVI, 1774-1793 -- Juvenile literature
- Kings, queens, rulers, etc
- Marie Antoinette, Queen, consort of Louis XVI, King of France, 1755-1793
- Marie Antoinette, Queen, consort of Louis XVI, King of France, 1755-1793 -- Juvenile literature
- trueOverdoing things
- Queens -- France -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- trueWomen -- Biography
- trueWomen rulers
- trueRich women
- trueFrance -- History
- An introduction to the 18th century French queen, Marie Antoinette, whose extravagance incited a revolution
- Member of
- (The following is a combined review for Catherine De' Medici: "The Black Queen."; Marie Antoinette: "Madame Deficit."; Mary Tudor: "Bloody Mary."; Cleopatra: "Serpent of the Nile."; and ) Gr 4 – 8 — One of the most unique offerings this season, this series presents tales of women throughout history who have not followed societal conventions. Spanning various centuries and continents, the books outline the lives, actions, and misdeeds of women who held positions of great power. The pages have a collagelike appearance, with blocks of texts and captioned photos and reproductions. Sidebars give contextual information, such as "What she played," "What she wore," "What she ate," etc. Readers will find the information engrossing, with stories of dastardly deeds such as poisoning, religious persecution, and outright murder. However, it should be noted that these books have no index, table of contents, or bibliography, so they might be better suited for browsing than for research. Students will question whether or not these women were really inherently evil, or just acting in response to their dysfunctional childhoods and the turbulent times in which they lived. --Rita Meade (Reviewed November 1, 2011) (School Library Journal, vol 57, issue 11, p74)
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .H63 2011
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Series statement
- Thinking girl's treasury of dastardly dames
- Target audience
ContextContext of Marie Antoinette : "Madame Deficit"
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Marie Antoinette : "Madame Deficit"
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/KEgVEBNPQyQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/KEgVEBNPQyQ/">Marie Antoinette : "Madame Deficit"</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>