The Resource Hoot
- Statement of responsibility
- Carl Hiaasen
- Environmental protection -- Fiction
- trueMiddle school students
- Burrowing owl -- Juvenile fiction
- trueEnvironmental protection
- Florida -- Fiction
- trueResistance to land development
- Owls -- Fiction
- Florida -- Juvenile fiction
- trueSmall towns -- Florida
- Burrowing owl -- Fiction
- trueMoving to a new state
- trueWildlife conservation
- trueBooks to movies
- Environmental protection -- Juvenile fiction
- Roy, who is new to his small Florida community, becomes involved in another boy's attempt to save a colony of burrowing owls from a proposed construction site. Unfortunately, Roy's first acquaintance in Florida is Dana Matherson, a well-known bully. Then again, if Dana hadn't been sinking his thumbs into Roy's temples and mashing his face against the school-bus window, Roy might never have spotted the running boy. And the running boy is intriguing: he was running away from the school bus, carried no books, and-here's the odd part-wore no shoes. Sensing a mystery, Roy sets himself on the boy's trail. The chase introduces him to potty-trained alligators, a fake-fart champion, some burrowing owls, a renegade eco-avenger, and several extremely poisonous snakes with unnaturally sparkling tails. Roy has most definitely arrived in Carl Hiaasen's Florida
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2003
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Middle/Jr. High, 2007.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2006.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2006.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2004.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2005.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2003
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Literary form
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of Hoot
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Hoot
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/J4CUGXhV6qs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/J4CUGXhV6qs/">Hoot</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>