The Resource Who was Maurice Sendak?
- Who was Maurice Sendak?
- Statement of responsibility
- by Janet B. Pascal ; illustrated by Stephen Marchesi
- trueIllustrators -- United States
- trueSendak, Maurice
- Sendak, Maurice -- Juvenile literature
- trueBiographies -- Arts | Writing | Authors and illustrators
- trueLanguage arts -- Children's book authors and illustrators
- trueAuthors, American -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- trueAuthors, American
- Children's stories -- Authorship -- Juvenile literature
- Illustrators -- United States -- Biography | Juvenile literature
- trueChildren's literature writing
- "It seems entirely fitting that Maurice Sendak was born on the same day that Mickey Mouse first made his cartoon debut--June 10, 1928. Sendak was crazy about cartoons and comic books, and at twelve, after seeing Disney's Fantasia, he decided that he was going to become an illustrator. His love of childrens books began early: often sick and confined to bed, little Maurice read and read and read. Though many of his own stories were light and funny, the most important ones--Where the Wild Things Are, In the Night Kitchen, Outside Over There--dealt with anger, jealousy, abandonment, content that had never before been the subject of picture books. As well as covering career highlights, this easy to read, illustrated biography also describes the personal life of this genius. Who Was Maurice Sendak is perfect for kids wild about one of the most influential children's book artists of the twentieth century!"--
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Z79 2013
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Who was...?
- Target audience
ContextContext of Who was Maurice Sendak?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Who was Maurice Sendak?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/FjcPIehkZqE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/FjcPIehkZqE/">Who was Maurice Sendak?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>