The Resource The glass castle : A Memoir.
- The glass castle : A Memoir.
- Title remainder
- A Memoir.
- Statement of responsibility
- Jeannette Walls
- truePoor people -- West Virginia -- Biography
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- Biography & Autobiography
- trueBooks to movies
- trueChild neglect victims -- Biography
- trueChildren of alcoholics -- Biography
- trueDysfunctional families -- United States -- Case studies
- trueEccentrics and eccentricities
- Electronic books
- trueFamily and Relationships -- Growing Up
- trueFamily relationships
- trueGrowing up
- trueHomeless persons -- New York City
- trueLife stories -- Relationships | Growing up
- trueWelch, West Virginia -- Biography
- trueWalls, Jeannette -- Childhood and youth
- MORE THAN SEVEN YEARS ON THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER LIST The perennially bestselling, extraordinary, one-of-a-kind, "nothing short of spectacular" (Entertainment Weekly) memoir from one of the world's most gifted storytellers—soon to be a major motion picture starring Brie Larson, Woody Harrelson, and Naomi Watts.The Glass Castle is a remarkable memoir of resilience and redemption, and a revelatory look into a family at once deeply dysfunctional and uniquely vibrant. When sober, Jeannette's brilliant and charismatic father captured his children's imagination, teaching them physics, geology, and how to embrace life fearlessly. But when he drank, he was dishonest and destructive. Her mother was a free spirit who abhorred the idea of domesticity and didn't want the responsibility of raising a family. The Walls children learned to take care of themselves. They fed, clothed, and protected one another, and eventually found their way to New York. Their parents followed them, choosing to be homeless even as their children prospered. The Glass Castle is truly astonishing—a memoir permeated by the intense love of a peculiar but loyal family
- ALA Notable Book, 2006.
- Alex Award, 2006.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2005.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Nonfiction, 2008.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for High School, 2009.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2005
- YALSA Outstanding Book for the College Bound, 2009.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2008
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The glass castle : A Memoir.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The glass castle : A Memoir.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/6nj31wLqAVo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/resource/6nj31wLqAVo/">The glass castle : A Memoir.</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.coweta.ga.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.coweta.ga.us/">Coweta Public Library System</a></span></span></span></span></div>